Announcements & News
Corona Days- Parks and Facilities Update - Tuesday, April 28, 2020
Nature Scavenger Hunt!! - Thursday, April 16, 2020
Stay Safe at Our Parks! - Tuesday, March 31, 2020
In an attempt to minimize the spread of COVID-19, we have posted signs around our facilities noting the closure of fields and play areas in town for all organized and group activities.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Department Update - Monday, March 16, 2020
To Our Recreation Community,
With the developing news and concern about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), our Department is preparing a response to this situation. We are committed to doing our best to service the community and ensure health and wellness of Portland residents. With that said, we have decided to suspend all current and upcoming programs through Monday, 3/30/2020 and events until further notice.
Currently, all correspondence must be handled via phone or email during our regular office hours, but this can change quickly. To view our tentative program offerings for the spring season, please visit our website at https://portland.recdesk.com. Please call if you have any questions at 860-342-6757. Office Hours are 8:30am-4:00pm.
The Town of Portland is closely monitoring guidelines and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control, state and local agencies and health officials. As we continue to prepare for the coming weeks, we will do our best to stay in touch with the Community regarding our Recreational Programs and events as more information becomes available to us. Thank you for your understanding and support during this unprecedented time. Stay safe and healthy!
Sincerely,Portland Parks and Recreation
Please Be Cautious and Stay Safe! - Thursday, March 12, 2020
- You will have the ability to register and pay online with a credit card.
- NOTE: Credit cards have a 2.5% convenience fee with a $2.00 minimum.
- You can still register by mail or drop in and with check or cash.
- Summer Programs are currently open for registration
- By creating a membership account, our registration process will become easier.
- The website will contain up to date program information
- Participants will be able to check if programs are full or open from the website.
- Facility information, schedules, and directions.
The Parks and Recreation Department is continuing to work toward our goal;
- Cancellation alerts or program updates sent to your phone or email.
- Calendars to check team and program schedules.
Any questions, please contact us at the Parks and Recreation Office at 860-342-6757.